Although really only trying to rumors, was not expected to officially that Nikon hurl a new camera while editing the CES 2015 . The D5500 is the new commitment to renew the average range of Nikon, replacing its predecessor, the D5300 .
The main novelties of this model over the previous is the inclusion of a touch screen 3.2 inch swing. Furthermore, as we can see also some changes in ergonomics include modifying aspects like the grip,being now more similar to models like the D7100. If we consider only the camera body, we can say that slightly reduces its weight (420g) with respect to the D5300 (480g).
But it also has many similar points from its previous model, as the DX sensor (24 x 16mm) format and 24.2 megapixels . Likewise, also repeats the EXPEED 4 processor which allows up to 5 pictures per second and can use up to 25,600 ISO in low light.
The focus mode is also a replica of the D5300 and having up 39 points with 9 sensors in the central part, supposedly designed to try to keep the forum automatically subjects that are in motion.
Regarding the video, you can record at a resolution Full HD 1080p at 60 frames per second. Since then also an option for those who also bet on having a device that in addition to photographs also enable them to carry high quality video.
- Sensor : CMOS APS-C (DX format) 24.2 megapixels without OLPF (optical low pass filter)
- Processor : EXPEED 4
- Sensitivity : ISO 100-25600
- Swing touch screen : 3.2 inch LCD with 1,037,000 points
- Connectivity Wi-Fi to share photos with your smartphone.
- Size : 124 × 97 × 70mm
- System autofocus : 39 points with nine cross sensors in the central part
- Video : 1080p 50 / 60fps
- Creative Tools : Retouch menu, bracketing functions, HDR photography, time lapse, vignetting control.
Plans to be launched in early February in the US with a price for the body $ 899.95 (€ 750). It remains to see how far is an evolution of Nikon, since on paper only seems to incorporate developments in the ergonomic aspect and its rear screen (now touch).