YouTube is a great site for watching videos online; you may find some exciting videos there and wish to download it to your iPhone for offline viewing. Youtuber is a Cydia tweak that lets you download YouTube videos and import them to your iOS device’s media library for offline viewing.
‘YouTuber’ Cydia tweak by iOS developer Majd Alfhaily is available in Cydia’s BigBoss repository, other than the downloading feature it also block ads in the app. It can also play YouTube videos in the background and play high quality videos on 3G and 4G.
Installing Youtuber (Jailbreak needed):
- Launch Cydia.
- Tap on the Manage tab, go into the Sources Section, and tap the Edit button and then the Add button.
- Input the BigBoss repo into the text field:
- Tap the Add Source button and wait for the repo to load and appear in your sources section.
- Once the repo is loaded, tap on the search tab, you will be brought to a white screen with a search bar at the top.
- Search for “Youtuber”, tap on the Youtuber tweak.
- At the top right of the window, tap the Install button.
- After tapping the install button, you will need to tap the Confirm button.
- Once the Youtuber installation in completed, tap on Restart Springboard.
Congratulations! You’ve installed the Youtuber tweak.
Once you have installed the tweak, launch Settings app to enable the downloader and other features.
Now YouTuber will add a download button to the YouTube video preferences, that, when tapped, will show a menu to choose what video quality you want to download. Once you’ve selected the quality of video to download, you will get a notification alerting you that the video is downloading. You can switch to a different app while it downloads. Once it’s complete, you will be asked to import it to your media library. Youtuber is compatible with the latest version of the Youtube app.