Main Differences between the Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge.
- The AMOLED screen used in the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge is radically different from the plain screen that the S6 uses in that it curves inside. The curved Edge screen has several functions like the night clock mode which enables the display to become a bedside clock. Notifications and messages can easily be accessed from the Edge screen. The Edge user can assign different display colors to different contacts so that when the Edge screen blinks a certain color the user is able to determine who is calling before glancing at the main display.2. The S6 Edge has a bigger lithium ion battery with a capacity of 2600 mAh compared with the S6 that has a battery capacity of 2550 mAh. The SIM tray of the Galaxy S6 Edge has been placed at the top of the phone allowing Samsung engineers to squeeze in a bigger battery. 3G talk time on the Samsung S6 Edge is 26 hours with music play time of up to 58 hours while the S6 has a talk time of 17 hours and can play music for only 49 hours.3. The S6 Edge is lighter, with an overall weight of 132 grams, than the S6 which weighs 138 grams. In spite the fact that the S6 Edge is lighter than the S6 it has a thickness of 7 mm with its counterpart being 6 .8 mm thick.4. The S6 has a screen to body ratio of 70.48 percent while the Edge has a ratio of 71.75 %.
5. The music player that comes installed with the S6 has a sound effects feature which the S6 Edge lacks.
1. It has a 16 MP camera that has impressive performance
2. The front and back of the phone have protective Corning Gorilla Glass cover.
3. The inclusion of a fingerprint sensor that is PayPal compliant is a welcome addition.
4. The N.F.C feature allows near communication with smartphones equipped with a similar feature.
5. The glass screen is scratch proof.
1. It has no FM radio
2. The phone is a single SIM device that only supports one network operator
3. The lithium ion battery is non-removable, a problem when the user needs to replace a faulty battery
4. The battery life is not exactly the most impressive.
5. The S6 does not have a memory card slot and does not support external micro SD.
6. It is not as water-resistant as its predecessor, the Samsung S5.
Galaxy S6 Edge
1. The curved glass screen is a great aesthetic component of the phone that sets it apart from its competitors. The AMOLED display is capable of 4K HD resolution resulting in impressive clarity.
2. The 16 MP rear facing camera captures with amazing detail and has an overall outstanding performance.
3. The S6 Edge sports an improved practical fingerprint scanner.
1. The curved glass screen tends to get smudged a lot.
2. The smart phone is a bit tricky to hold especially for smaller hands as it is wide and bulky.
3. The phone has a non-removable battery.
4. The S6 Edge has no micro SD facility.
5. It does not have an FM radio function and lacks stereo speakers.
6. The Edge is not waterproof unlike the Samsung S5.